• chevron_rightCan homeowners' assessments be increased?
    Yes, annual assessments may increased each year by an amount not exceeding 3% of the preceding year, as stipulated in Article IV, Section 3 (Maximum Annual Assessment) of the "Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions" which is an integral part of the Governing Documents. 
    In addition, special assessments supplementing the annual assessment may be levied for major periodic expenses related to capital or common area needs as stipulated in Article IV, Section 4 of the above-cited Declaration.
  • chevron_rightWhat do I get for my assessment dollars?
    The assessments paid by each resident provide money to pay our common bills.  Our bills come from operating and reserve expenses such as but not limited to the following:
    • trash and recycling removal
    • electricity and maintenance for lights on common grounds
    • sidewalk and curb maintenance
    • periodic street paving and pothole repair
    • parking space management
    • tree pruning, removal and replacement
    • lawn and garden upkeep
    • pool and pool house maintenance
    • pool electricity and phone service
    • life guards
    • snow removal
    • erosion control
    • common area retaining wall maintenance
    • common area fence repair and replacement
    • insurance policies
    • legal services
    • auditor services,
    • newsletter publication
    • postage
    • Management Company.
Home Maintenance
  • chevron_rightCan I stain my deck instead of painting it?
    Yes, you can stain your deck as well as paint your deck.  Both stain and paints (latex flat or satin) must be Sherwin-Williams "Olde Tavern Brown."  We recommend that the stain/paint be obtained from Sherwin-Williams on Little River Turnpike in Annandale or Duke Street in Alexandria, as that company has the formulas in their database.  It is also recommended that a copy of the formulas be brought with you to the store of choice in case the vendor on duty is new or otherwise inexperienced with Bristow Village requirements.  "Olde Tavern Brown" formulas can be obtained here or retrieved from the monthly Bristow Villager newsletter where it is periodically published.
  • chevron_rightI would like to repaint my front door. What are the authorized colors?
    Authorized colors for front doors, as determined by the BVHA Board of Directors, are limited to those reflected in the following linked palette.  These are Sherwin-Williams paint colors. 
  • chevron_rightOlde Tavern Brown is non-standard. How do I get the right color?
    BVHA-approved paints and deck stain are available at Sherwin-Williams on Little River Turnpike in Annandale or Duke Street in Alexandria.  Please use the paint formula provided in the following link: House Trim Paint and Deck Stain Formulas
    The Board recommends that homeowners bring a copy of the formulas to the Sherwin-Williams store of choice.  It has happened that the person on duty is either new or inexperienced with Bristow Village paint/stain requirements or how to look up these formulas in the Sherwin-Williams database.  Although other vendors (i.e. Home Depot) could do an optical color match, there is a risk the paint won't be an identical match to Sherwin-Williams "Olde Tavern Brown."  
  • chevron_rightThe acorn light fixture on my front porch broke. How do I replace it?
    Since Spring 2018, the front porch and common grounds globe light fixtures, originally installed by the Bristow Village developer in the early 1970's, were replaced by acorn-style fixtures.  
    Replacement acorns can be obtained from the company "Love IT Lighting" (www.loveitlighting.com).  Description:  Small Acorn Street Light Clear Polycarbonate 15 1/2 X 8 1/2 inches, Model #1224. 
    Cost as of April 2020:  $177.75 for fixture with base; $171.30 for fixture only without base.
    An alternate source could be the original provider of the common grounds and residence acorn fixtures: 
    Capital Tristate Electrical Distributor
    Central Distribution Center  
    8511 Pepco Place
    Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    Cell Phone: 301-252-4718
    Capital Tristate's website does not specifically show the acorn fixture or pricing, but could be a viable source.
  • chevron_rightHow do I replace a lost or destroyed hangtag?
    Lost hangtags can be replaced by submitting the Hangtag/Sticker Replacement Application Form to a member of the Board or Parking Committee and by paying $50 per replacement hangtag via check or money order made out to the Bristow Village Homeowners Association.  Additional instructions can be found on the form.
    Note: The Hangtag Replacement Form requires Adobe Reader to view.
  • chevron_rightI have three cars. How can I park an additional car in the Village?
    On an annual basis (June 1st through May 31st) the Board makes approximately 10 parking spaces available on a rental basis.  These spaces are awarded via a lottery process held in conjunction with the annual BVHA meeting, conducted in May.  Details of the parking space rental lottery program as well as an application form for rental lottery participation are included in this website under "Documents."
    The application form is also available here:  Parking Space Rental Lottery Application Form - 2020-2021
  • chevron_rightI want to use a car cover. How do I display the hangtag?
    Print and fill-in the Hangtag/Sticker Replacement Application Form and submit the form to a Parking Committee member.  You will be issued a sticker for the car cover that is visible to the tow truck drivers.  There is no charge for a car cover sticker.
    Note: The Hangtag Replacement Form requires Adobe Reader to view.
  • chevron_rightIs reserved resident parking available?
    Each townhome is assigned one reserved parking space. Owners receive one hang tag for the reserved parking spot assigned to their townhome. The reserved parking space reflects a specific townhome's lot number.  That lot number is also reflected on the issued hangtag.  A second hang tag allows for parking a second car in any non-reserved spot.
    Residents not current in their assessments are denied a second hang tag until their assessments are fully paid.
    New owners are advised to contact the Management Company (currently MJF Associates, Inc.) to apply for parking hang tags. Specific contact information can be found on page 2 of the Governing Documents or on the 6th page of the monthly Bristow Villager newsletter.
    Renters are advised to contact their landlords to ask for transfer of the hang tags.
    Fees for replacement of lost or stolen hang tags are currently $50.00 per tag, payable by check or money order made out to "Bristow Village Homeowners Association" and provided to a Board member or member of the Parking Committee with a completed Hangtag Replacement Application Form. Consult the 6th page of the monthly Bristow Villager newsletter for points of contact.
  • chevron_rightMay visitors park in the Village without hang-tags?
    Visitors without hang tags may park in non-reserved spots Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.  After 5:00 PM, all cars parked in the Village must have a hang tag. Cars without hang tags may park on Americana Drive.
    Cars in violation of parking rules are subject to towing without notice.   This warning is prominent on signage at the entrance of each Village street.
  • chevron_rightMy car has been towed. Who do I call and how much will this cost me?
    If your car is towed (i.e. no hangtag, expired inspection sticker, expired license plate registration, parked in fire lane, etc), call Dominion Towing at 703-339-2400.  They have several storage lots to which your car can be brought. 
    Basic rates as of 2018 for an automobile are (1) $135.00 for basic towing; (2) $50.00 per day or any portion of a day; (3) $25.00 if towed between 7 pm and 8 am; (4) $25.00 if towed during a weekend; and (5) $25.00 if towed on a holiday.  
    Dominion Towing (open 24/7/365) does not accept personal checks.  Payment in cash or Visa/Mastercard credit card is accepted.  
    If your car was parked on Americana Drive and was towed at the request of the Fairfax County Police Department (i.e. due to expired inspection/registration stickers, less than 10 feet from a fire hydrant, accidented or otherwise unserviceable etc.), it's best to call the Police Department at 703-691-2131.  The police may have called a different towing service, not Dominion Towing.
Pool and Recreation
  • chevron_rightCan I bring a guest with me to the pool?
    Yes, each residence is entitled to four (4) Guest Passes.  All guests must be accompanied by a Bristow Village resident. Guest fees apply to everyone one year and older.
    In lieu of daily fees, Season Guest Passes may be purchased.  These passes are good for the entire season.
    You may render Guest Pass fees (EXACT CHANGE ONLY) to the lifeguard on duty.
    For information on 2020 daily or seasonal Guest Pass fees, contact the Chairman of the Pool Committee, Sergei Freidzon, Phone: 202-465-0197, E-Mail: sergei.freidzon@gmail.com.
  • chevron_rightWhat recreational amenities are available?
    Bristow Village offers an adult swimming pool and a kiddie (toddler) pool, several playgrounds, and extensive common grounds.
    Elementary and high schools are within walking distance, and residents of Bristow Village have easy access to playgrounds, tracks, and recreational facilities at the schools. Also within walking distance is the Fairfax County Recreational facility at Wakefield Park. That facility has an Olympic size indoor pool, full gym, indoor racquet ball courts, six outdoor tennis courts, baseball fields, a skateboard park, and also offers a wide range of educational and recreational courses. Bicycle and walking trails lead to other County recreational parks. There is a skateboard park at Wakefield.
    See our Community page for more details.